Python plasmoid configuration

Ontje Lünsdorf The_COM at gmx.de
Thu May 14 21:56:27 CEST 2009

Hi,

thanks Aaron, configuration is now working :)

My plasmoid is called TestFest and it's a DataEngine which monitors a
sourcecode directory for file changes and reruns a testsuite (currently only
python testsuite) upon a change. According to the success/fail ratio the
applet will show a picture. I'm using the avatar from doom to indicate the
status of the testsuite. For the record: this idea isn't new, there's
something similar for gnome and ruby I've heard.

As each applet can be configured for a different directory I need to communicate
that information to the dataengine. Currently I'm encoding this in the
sourceName. This encoding might get extensive as I'd also like to support
other testsuites (like ctest or junit). For example "<testsuite-runner>:<cwd
of testsuite>:<testsuite filename>" as source name. Is there another way of
configuring the dataengines?

Thanks,
Ontje