categories - only the official ones?

Oszkar Ambrus oszkar.ambrus at deri.org
Thu May 14 12:10:14 CEST 2009

Hi,

I noticed that since last week Plasma::Applet::listCategories() only
lists categories that are on the official list (found at [1]).
Thus I can only retrieve my categories using a KServiceTypeTrader (the
way the listCategories implementation does it).

Is this permanent? I don't mind using a trader, but in this case they
will they appear in the list of widgets that can be added to the Dashboard?
(They do now, but will that be changed?)

Thanks,
Oszkar

[1] http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Plasma/PIG

--
Oszkár Ambrus

"Whoever believes in the Son [Jesus Christ] has eternal life" (John 3:36)

Masters Student, Digital Enterprise Research Institute, NUIG
[http://www.deri.ie]