battery plasmoid and remaining time..

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu May 14 06:01:36 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 13 May 2009, Chani wrote:
> On May 13, 2009 18:11:44 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Wednesday 13 May 2009, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > i love how my battery had 0:00 time just a second ago, even though it's
> > > fully charged, and now it has 0:18 left. these are bullshit numbers,
> > > not
> >
> > 0:51 left. neat, esp that it's plugged in _and_ 100% charged
>
> well, it works well enough for *me*...  you don't want to hobble mouse
> interaction because some people have crappy touchpads, so why hide battery
> info because some people have crappy battery hardware/drivers?

because beyond crappy drivers i have yet to see calculations that actually
work (for pretty obvious reasons: work load changes over time) and this is the
kind of thing that leads to data loss.

if the numbers were meaningful or were just harmlessly inaccurate who'd care.
but why are giving numbers that aren't accurate at the expense of more code
and more config UI?

i honestly don't get it.

humru othro a kohnu se