Signals and slots for containment show and hide actions (mainly for panels)

Emdek emdeck at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 19:22:43 CEST 2009

> yes, the panel doesn't ever get keyboard focus. that's something we need
> work out as well ... basically, we need to know when a widget that can
> use
> keyboard focus in a meaningful way gets focus.
>
> in kicker, everything was an x window, so it could grab focus
> independently
> without requiring the whole panel to do so. with alien widgets or
> widgets on
> canvas, we don't have that shortcut available to us.

Now I remember that there was an entry about making panels focusable in todo list for KDE 4.1 (or 4.2).
I hope that it will be fixed soon (if currently possible).

>> And one small thing, I've noticed bug in example of usage
>> Plasma::ToolTipManager in docs (it will work only when using methods).
>> Is
>> there maybe better place for reporting such as small bugs?
>
> if there's something incorrect in the apidox, please feel free to just
> fix
> them up and commit :)

I think that it would be safer if it could be done by someone that has more experience with SVN than me (I've never made SVN commit :-D) and I don't want to break compilation if I made kind of mistake. ;-)

>> I could try with tutorial but then someone should review it, because as
>> can
>> you see my English is not perfect. ;-)
>
> if you post the link here, i'm sure several of us would be happy to
> review it
> and fix any errors :)

Ok, so if I'll find this and don't forget I could try to do, but I can't promise. :-)