Clocks context menu to fast copying date and time

Rob Scheepmaker r.scheepmaker at student.utwente.nl
Tue Mar 31 15:07:21 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 31 March 2009 13:05:32 Emdek wrote:
> If developers are interested and there is no objections I could try to
> create patch during this or next weekend. I'm already using this code in my
> applet for nearly half of year and it doesn't make any problems.

Sounds like a useful feature. :) Make sure you implement it in libplasmaclock
so all clocks can benefit...

> There is only one problem, I don't have KDE from SVN and currently I don't
> have time to get it, so I would need someone to test it (writing it's not a
> problem for me).

Hmm, you'd better get an svn checkout. In my experience it is near impossible
to create good working code without actually testing the code. Depending on
somebody else to do all the testing, is kind of... inconvenient. And what if
some bug is reported that is related to this feature? There's no way for you
to really debug the problem if it isn't very trivial.
Also, it's not that much work (most of it is waiting....), and if you haven't
got a trunk checkout, what version of KDE are you going to patch?

Anyway, welcome to plasma!

Regards,
Rob