Fwd: Plasma on MID, take 2

Artur Souza(MoRpHeUz) morpheuz at openbossa.org
Mon Mar 30 18:44:48 CEST 2009

On Monday 30 March 2009 13:25:45 Michael Rudolph wrote:
> done! See http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Plasma/Plasma-MID

nice!

> What I think, would be an important next step, would be to appoint
> someone responsible for the use cases. Basically what Aaron asked a
> couple of weeks ago: who's taking responsibility for plasma-mid? Artur
> and Marco took the role, I seem to remember; would you do it again?
> Having a "bottleneck" in our design process would definitely help to
> find a unified direction. Next I'd open the floodgates and crowdsource
> the process of coming up with ideas for use cases, basically asking on
> planetkde, what people would like to do with their MIDs. This should
> give us enough material to compile a dozen use cases, or more.

Sure, we are looking forward the project. Once we have the uses cases it can
help a lot some designers I recruited to help us with this. For sure it
will be something like Emmanuel already mocked up and due to that, everything
he gets done for SoC (if the project is accepted ;)) will be valuable!

> What do you say? Is this a good way to gather ideas? What would you
> do, to support Emmanuel or whoever will work on plasma-mid over the
> summer, to do the best work they can?

Sure...the only problem I see with posting things in planet to get feedback is
that we get a biased feedback, and I'm looking for the feedback from non
geek people too. This is where the designers I talked about above are helping
me...Marco also have a lot of good ideas and for sure we can help Emmanuel a
lot on this subject =)

Artur Duque de Souza
OpenBossa Research Labs
INdT - Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia