Another Summer of Code proposal (desktop dock)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at
Thu Mar 26 03:50:28 CET 2009

On Wednesday 25 March 2009, Fábio Firmo wrote:
> Thanks for the answer Aaron. So if the dock will be a containment, I assume
> there is no way to remove the "launcher/taskbar" from it right?

i think that's the defining characteristic of a dock, and so needs to be built
into it. it would then manage other widgets placed on it (clocks, trash,
whatever) in a way to keep them separated from (or, maybe mixed in with?) it's
own launcher/task icons.

so yes, i don't think it would make much sense to have a separate "dock
plasmoid" with a separate "dock containment". it should all be one big piece

Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se