Plasma on MID, take 2

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 16:46:15 CET 2009

On Tuesday 24 March 2009, Michael Rudolph wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 16:04, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> > i think the central part of this project should be making that central
> > icon vieew really solid, it should be able to show installed
> > appplications (or even just the useful fraction of them) and or
> > running apps, then for a really small screen it should be shown just
> > the icon grid and maybe relying on hardware keys to show the icon grid
> > when another app is shown
>
> Hi Marco,
>
> since Artur already made this distinction I'm not afraid anymore to
> use it myself :-), is the icon view you are talking about meant for
> netbooks or for even smaller devices? Or both? It sounds like a
both, what would change is the amount of ui around it and how many icons can
be shown at once

> glorified, potentially full screen version of kickoff to me. Did I
> understand you right?
uhm, kinda, maybe not looking exactly like kickoff that we all "love" (cough
cough) it but yeah..
given that someone doesn't find some revolutionary way to launch aplications
(or call them tasks or activities or whatever) better than an icon grid...

Cheers,
Marco Martin