a virtual keyboard plasmoid for touchscreens

Antonio Vinci mercurio at personellarete.it
Mon Mar 23 09:59:17 CET 2009

Björn Ruberg ha scritto:
> - Problems with Extender
>   I recently implemented the keyboard as an Extender. Since that I can resize
> the keyboard only horizontally any more. Not vertically. When put on the
> desktop, the keyboard is not resizeable at all. What do I wrong?
>   Moreover, when I drag the keyboard on the desktop and click on the icon in
> the panel again, I only get a small empty window, but no new keyboard. How to
> do it right?

Well I'm not sure I have fully understood the extender concept, but I
think you should not implement the keyboard as Extender.

When a plasmoid is on a small panel, the icon you see is the plasmoid
itself, not a "plasmoid generator". Just look at the behavior of
plasmoids like Calculator or DeviceNotifier when you drop them to a
panel from desktop and back, or when you resize the panel until
calculator can show more than a icon...

I hope others can confirm my interpretation. Also I wonder why
BatteryApplet and NetworkMaganer use only extenders, while
DeviceNotifier doesn't. I have some problems to understand the concept
of "extenders without plasmoid". Also the behavior of the interface
seems inconsistent.

- Antonio