Plasma::PopupApplet API change proposal

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Mar 23 06:08:19 CET 2009

On Sunday 22 March 2009, Ivan Čukić wrote:
> Is there any objections to making the Plasma::Dialog (d->dialog) publicly
> visible in Plasma::PopupApplet?

if at all possible, we should try and keep that an implementation detail.
after all, when is there a popup and when isn't there?

> Reasons:
>   - installing event filters - for example pressing Esc key to hide the
> popup

this should just be added as a default behavior.

> (or something more advanced)

"something more advanced" usually is code for "unlike anything else so that
it's nice and surprising to the user". "boring" is actually good when we're
talking about shared things like the popup dialog.

>   - setting resizeable corners

this should also be done automatically if it isn't already.

>   - remembering the popup size

this is already done.

so the three things you listed should all be part of the default behaviour and
at least one is already implemented. :)

humru othro a kohnu se