[IDEA] Google Summer of Code - plasmoid mixer with phonon lib

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Mar 16 18:05:14 CET 2009

On Saturday 14 March 2009, Michael Rudolph wrote:
> Do you agree, that we need to work harder to find a common purpose?

yes; and it will take a large-ish number of us pulling together to do that.

kde4 has more unified direction and coherency than kde3 ever had. we have more
agreed upon processes in place.

what we lack is an awareness of the need to continue these things by enough
people in the project and the willingness to let people become blockers to
forward progress.

> How would you suggest we reach it? With a text, with
> plasma-mid, something else?

i think continuing to create process within KDE is one key element. we have an
application lifecycle, we have licensing systems in place, there's a much more
coherent marketing concept there, we have artwork direction, we have a
community working group, etc., etc... all new in the last 3 years (or less).

other than that, all we can do is keep rocking in plasma and reaching out to
others to spread the messages.

putting it straight to people as i did in that email can be a useful way to
jog them out of complacency and to realize the effects of their positions on
things.

humru othro a kohnu se

KDE core developer sponsored Qt Software