[IDEA] Google Summer of Code - plasmoid mixer with phonon lib

George Kiagiadakis kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 23:35:47 CET 2009

2009/3/12 Adam Jordanek <dotevo at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a student from Poland - from Wrocław University of Technology. And I
> want help plasma in Google Summer of Code.
> I have got a new idea on plasmoid to changing level of volume. Idea is on
> picture http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1658/testh.png (in combobox'll be
> profiles). In project has to use Phonon. I'm waiting for opinions.

What I really like about this screenshot is the per-application
sliders. It would be really cool to have a mixer application that can
control volume for each application or for each category of
applications (I mean phonon categories like video, music,
notifications, etc...). I think that phonon could provide this feature
for applications that use phonon and maybe adapting phonon to provide
this feature (if it doesn't do that already) could well be part of the
gsoc project...  What do you think?