Another Summer of Code proposal (desktop dock)

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 17:27:14 CET 2009

> > it's a bit early for official soc mentors, but feel free to ask questions
> > here
> > and in #plasma :) what's your irc nick?
>
> Is it? I'm not familiar with GSoC so i thought the sooner the better.

well, yes, the sooner you get involved the better :) we just haven't done any
planning about who's available for mentoring yet afaik.

> Anyway I don't have many questions yet, but I can remember one: what is the
> version of kde/plasma that I should use, 4.2 or trunk? I'm asking because
> compiling the trunk isn't one of my best experiences in KDE...

trunk. your project will be part of kde 4.4 when it's done, so 4.2 is a bit
old :) since you're planning a separate plasmoid it might be possible to
*start* on 4.2, but I'm sure you'll run into something that requires trunk
features eventually...

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com