Another Summer of Code proposal (desktop dock)

Fábio Firmo fabio.a.firmo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 14:48:02 CET 2009

2009/3/2 Chani <chanika at gmail.com>

> On March 2, 2009 03:22:42 Fábio Firmo wrote:
> > Hi folks,
>
> hi :) welcome to plasma!

Thanks,

> > I'm a Computer Science student in Brazil (at the University of São Paulo)
> > and I intend to work at the Google Summer of Code this year. I looked at
> > the ideas in techbase and found the Desktop dock particularly
> interesting.
> > In fact that is one of containtement/plasmoids I'm expecting since 4.0.
> >
> > I have knowledge in C++, which is listed as the only pre-requisite. I
> made
> > a hello world plasmoid some time ago, but never got past that. I have a
> > little more experience in Qt4, which was gained in some patches I sent in
> > the past (Akregator, Kopete and KOrganizer), and I plan to start some
> > initial studies  in Qt and plasma before the official start of the
> > schedule.
>
> cool. :)
>

> > Any mentors available?
>
> it's a bit early for official soc mentors, but feel free to ask questions
> here
> and in #plasma :) what's your irc nick?

Is it? I'm not familiar with GSoC so i thought the sooner the better. Anyway
I don't have many questions yet, but I can remember one: what is the version
of kde/plasma that I should use, 4.2 or trunk? I'm asking because compiling
the trunk isn't one of my best experiences in KDE...

My irc nick is firmo, i'll try to show up next week and hopefully i'll make
a more detailed list of questions,

Thanks for the attention