plasmate project: suggestion for timeline view

Denis Kormalev kormalev.denis at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 00:13:13 CET 2009

On Wednesday 04 of March 2009 at 01:58:58, "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo at kde.org>
wrote:

> when its zoomed out, you can probably just show summaries at various levels
> of detail.
>
> so when zoomed out too far that stacking save points vertically won't
> really work, then maybe show one box that shows the first line/few words of
> the first N points and then have "X more save points..."
>
> click on that box would zoom into that area and show the save points in
> greater detail.
>
> as an aside, try to think of them in terms of saves or save points rather
> than commits. the difference isn't a lot, but we want the user experience
> to be oriented towards the idea of "saving, just without having to worry
> about file names and have a record of your saves" than actual revision
> control (which is a more advanced concept which would be foreign to newer
> people and would cause experienced people to want features from this aspect
> of plasmate that i just don't want to see in there such as branching)

Another idea was appeared in my mind now. Maybe some type of calendar grid
(like in KOrganizer or Google Calendar) will be simplier for end user? For
example at month zoom it will show for each day box like your (box that shows
the first line/few words of the first N points and then have "X more save
points..."). What do you think about it?

Denis Kormalev (Black Tass).