Open source user experience

Michael Rudolph michael.rudolph at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 15:36:30 CET 2009

Hello everyone,

just a little update on what happened outside of KDE regarding this matter.

Shortly after I mentioned the thread here, the mozilla folks responded
with the most basic form of outreach. They invited everyone to
participate, highlighted their concept series, which had been
mentioned here before (after AdaptivePath revealed their Aurora
concept "browser") and indicated developments inside mozilla to create
tools to better facilitate collaboration on design issues.
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Labs/Site_2.0 (especially: Concept Series
Tools - Spec) Looks like after they brought us bugzilla, they're now
bringing us "wirezilla". :-)

Another thing that caught my eye, but is perhaps more interesting for
its similarity to plasma in general, than for it's appealing way of
bringing people together in the design process, is "itsme".
http://evaluation.itsme.it/

Have a nice day,

michael