Plasmate Status

Diego Casella ([Po]lentino) polentino911 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 17:02:26 CEST 2009

Yep, you're right !
As you saw in the mailing list, there was a problem with managing the git
pluging, which was *partially* resolved.
In fact the code suggested wasn't totally correct, so I started to talk with
apaku, a  KDeveloper and Plugin designer,
and I discovered that first, I have to subclass the ShellExtension class in
order to setup the KDevplatform stuff, then init()
that class, after that retrieve a reference to the Core and use it to
retrieve the IPluginController by calling pluginController().
Nice, but an other problem arose:
when calling pluginForExtension() to recieve a pointer to the git plugin, it
returns an invalid pointer all the times =(
Talking to apaku, the reason is because i set-up the Core class with the
option Core::NoUi, and git sometimes wants to show some gui stuff,
like committing with comments. Besides, initalizing the Core with
Core::Default creates a full KDevelop gui, which is not our goal !
So, under his suggestion, now I'm using the plugins/git/gitplugin.cpp and
I'm modifying the source for our purposes =)
I'll commit it as soon as it compiles ( and also works =P ).
Good luck with you exams,

Cheers !!