Fwd: Some explanations/suggestion on plasmate

Shantanu Tushar Jha jhahoneyk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 19:59:22 CEST 2009

I had recently added a kpart loading code to plasmate which, right now,
enables loading an appropriate kpart when you select something on the edit
tree view.
I'm trying to figure out the things, finding out what to do next. So, just
wanted kind of a status report on whats happening at your side, Diego, so
that we can plan things out and distribute work further.
Regards

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 1:58 AM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:

> On Thursday 28 May 2009, Artur Souza(MoRpHeUz) wrote:
> > > there is no such thing as a file in the Plasma::Package that isn't part
> > > of the Plasma::Package, so i don't think this would do anything other
> > > than make another step that the user has to do and can get wrong (by
> > > forgetting)
> >
> > I was thinking more in the way that the user just created a new graphic
> in
> > inkscape, saved it on the same folder as the project and wants to make
> that
> > file part of the project. If there is no "inotify" watching for new files
> > on the folder, there should be a way to add this new file to the
> project...
>
> ah, right, so there are 3 ways to add a file to a project:
>
> * creating a new file in plasmate itself (create)
> * adding a file from elsewhere in the file system (import)
> * plopping a file into the package directory using some other program (mv
> from
> the command line, the gimp with an image, etc)
>
> create and import are easy and obvious: if the user selects "import" or
> creates a new file for a type we don't have an editor part ... it opens a
> file
> dialog. otherwise create the file.
>
> there should be a KDirWatch on the Package root directory which takes care
> of
> the third case.
>
> --
> Aaron J. Seigo