KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/applets/battery

Artur Souza(MoRpHeUz) morpheuz at openbossa.org
Sat Jun 6 15:31:08 CEST 2009

On Saturday 06 June 2009, 10:18 David Nolden wrote:
> That's not how it can work. Everyone who is clever enough to file a
> bug-report is also clever enough to change the config-file.

So we need to improve our system of bug reports :) Dr. Konqui helps a lot with
this.

> It's about delivering the best we can to everyone, without configuration,
> and not just those who know how to help themselves.

That's the problem. For this subject, "the best" is subjective.

> And it's also about "decision making" in a "community". I'm asking myself
> why we even discussed this whole issue when the result of the discussion
> doesn't play the slightest role.

We discussed because we wanted to argue with each other and try to convince
others about our opinions. But this is not about "decision making in a
community", otherwise it would be just up to Aaron as he is the maintainer of
the project. He achieved this role for what he does and have done and even if
we do not agree sometimes, that's why he is there...to make decisions and make
sure the project follows at least the project's vision. Try to argue about this
with Ulrich Drepper :).

I'll ask one more time: fellows, everybody here is clearly trying to solve the
problem (sebas, aseigo, seele, david, etc...), there was no agreement but we
must keep going. So, let it go for now and we can discuss this more as soon as
we have some real life experiment with the solution... :)

Best regards,

Artur Duque de Souza
OpenBossa Research Labs
INdT - Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia