KDE MicroBlog (Twitter) update doesn't work

Ryan P. Bitanga ryan.bitanga at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 11:49:56 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Gerhard
Gappmeier<gerhard.gappmeier at ascolab.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> for while now I'm not able to send updates to Twitter using the MicroBlog
> plasmoid, whereas receiving messages works.
>
> Yesterday I reverted the microblog dataengine to older versions to see when it
> was broken.
>
> @aseigo, thx for your hint, but rev 995814 has not broken it. Also a previous
> version didn't work.

Not surprised there, 995814 had nothing to do with sending messages.
It simply added the capability to receive replies and direct messages.
:)

> I reverted back to 974104 (2009-05-28), before a bigger change was done, but
> this also didn't work.
>
> So I took a look at the code to see how updates are sent.
> Unfortunetly this doesn't happen in the dataengine itself.
> It uses Plasma Services, a more general service framework.
>
> I've no clue about how to investigate this further, but I think it's very
> likely that it has nothing to do with dataengine itself, but maybe with this
> service framework, or at least with how this framework is used.
>
> I also sniffed the network traffic using Wireshark.
> I can see the traffic when the plasmoid receives messages.
> But when I send an "update" not even a TCP connection gets established. So
> nothing happens at all.
>
> I hope this information helps you to further investigate the problem.
>
> --

I'll look into it shortly since I'm working on something else for the
microblog dataengine right now :)

Cheers,
Ryan