KDE MicroBlog (Twitter) update doesn't work

Gerhard Gappmeier gerhard.gappmeier at ascolab.com
Wed Jul 29 10:11:07 CEST 2009

Hi

for while now I'm not able to send updates to Twitter using the MicroBlog
plasmoid, whereas receiving messages works.

Yesterday I reverted the microblog dataengine to older versions to see when it
was broken.

@aseigo, thx for your hint, but rev 995814 has not broken it. Also a previous
version didn't work.

I reverted back to 974104 (2009-05-28), before a bigger change was done, but
this also didn't work.

So I took a look at the code to see how updates are sent.
Unfortunetly this doesn't happen in the dataengine itself.
It uses Plasma Services, a more general service framework.

I've no clue about how to investigate this further, but I think it's very
likely that it has nothing to do with dataengine itself, but maybe with this
service framework, or at least with how this framework is used.

I also sniffed the network traffic using Wireshark.
I can see the traffic when the plasmoid receives messages.
But when I send an "update" not even a TCP connection gets established. So
nothing happens at all.

I hope this information helps you to further investigate the problem.

--

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards

Gerhard Gappmeier
ascolab GmbH - automation system communication laboratory
Tel.: +49 9131 691 123
Fax: +49 9131 691 128
Web: http://www.ascolab.com
GPG Fingerprint: 967A 15F1 2788 164D CCA3 6C46 07CD 6F82 5AAC 50C4