Pager config not working with vertical Panel

Richard Dale richard.j.dale at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 12:01:42 CEST 2009

The Pager applet in the kde 4.3 branch doesn't work with a Panel
aligned vertically. The attached patch fixes the bug.

The code before the fix was trying to have only one calculation for
setting either the row or the column in the config dialog and then
deriving the other dimension, and  afterwards swapping the row and
column for the vertical case. The patch duplicates the calculation
instead, and so is longer. Which is the best approach? I don't know -
I think it would be possible to spend a whole morning discussing
different ways of doing this sort of thing. Maybe it shouldn't have
'row' and 'column' variables, but 'constrained_dimension' and
'derived_dimension'..

-- Richard