containing plasmoid crashes

Bogdan Bivolaru bogdan.bivolaru at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 09:30:08 CEST 2009

Hello,

Well, I haven't really thought about a how-to before writing that mail... I
was expecting it to work just as for catching crashes with Dr. Krash.

But it turns out that there is a solution on Plasma wishlist:
[Plasma] Plasmoids as separate processes

So I voted for it and I hope someone will find the time to do it.
I guess that also means I should pay more attention to KDE Brainstorm,
well...

Have fun hacking,
Bogdan

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 12:54 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:

> On Saturday 25 July 2009, Bogdan Bivolaru wrote:
> > I'm writing to you because I'd like to make a suggestion to make a
> > containment for errors around each plasmoid, so that when one crashes, it
> > doesn't take the whole plasma environment with it.
>
> and how do you suggest this is accomplished, exactly?
>
> --
> Aaron J. Seigo
> humru othro a kohnu se

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it.", 1971, Alan Kay:
http://www.smalltalk.org/alankay.html