panels and popups sliding effect

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jul 20 19:55:44 CEST 2009

On Monday 20 July 2009, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> IIRC we said that adding a special window type would be better. That one
> would of course be outside netwm - nevertheless could be added to netwm
> later on.

hm.. would this replace the usual window type for the window, or can a window
have more than one type? i ask because we want this effect for panels and for
popup dialogs and possibly in future for other types of windows. if the window
type is exclusive, this may be not flexible enough?

would simply setting some other atom on the window be possible and sensible?

humru othro a kohnu se