panels and popups sliding effect

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 18:18:48 CEST 2009

Hi all,
At the plasma&kwin bof at akademy one of the things we talked about was a new
effect that can make popups and panels appear with a slide animation.
today i decided to give it a try here is the result, it seems to work quite
well.
Now it applies to every window and this is of course bad++, what is needed is
some way to apply the thing only on windows we want.
that could be the dock type and, if it's on all of popups is way too much, so
what we need? an atom to apply on windows we need? (for us basically just
Plasma::Dialog)
or, a new window type? (would it be a type outside Netwm? is this acceptable?)
anyways, how does this patch look? is on the right track?

oh, as usual, please keep answers both on plasma-devel and kwin lists :)

Cheers,
Marco Martin