Plasmate status

Shantanu Tushar Jha jhahoneyk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 06:03:28 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 9:43 AM, Yuen Hoe Lim <yuenhoe86 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> On the previewer end we're more or less done function-wise, as far as
> I can tell :) Since previous update, I've added support for loading
> plasmoids by path (so you don't need to install them beforehand), as
> well as modified the tool menus so that it uses a KMenu instead of the
> current overlay when the previewer is too small. The rest should just
> be aesthetic improvements... or am I missing something?
>
> I'm presently trying to find out why we can't type anything into the
> textfield that appears when we try to create a new project, but not
> having much luck since I'm clueless with gui designer ui's =(

As I found out, its a problem with the validChars property in the
projectName widget in startpage.ui which is of type KRestrictedLine. It
seems it doesn't accept regular expressions ( I tried [a-z] but it only
accepted 'a' when I typed). Currently validChars is set to ^[\\w-\\.]+$ .

We could put qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm there, but I think there should be a
better way. Any ideas?

(I've also CCed this mail to the author of KRestrictedLine widget).

> I agree that a directory tree on the sidebar would be more useful by
> the way, that's what I always envisioned before :P How bout having the
> current sidebar items as smaller, overhead buttons instead? I don't
> think we need that much real-estate for just buttons :P
>
> On 7/14/09, Diego Casella ([Po]lentino) <polentino911 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> > other two weeks are gone, so it's time  to sinc() with each other about
> > PlasMate status, IIRC =)
> > Now the TimeLine loads all the commits within the current branch, and
> also
> > all the commits that lead
> > to that branch ( I'm thinking to make  that feature selectable by user,
> > decrease the widget length ).
> > For each item, a tooltip shows the author who made the commit, the date
> and
> > the stored message.
> > In the top of the list is located the current working state of the
> project,
> > marked as "Not Saved".
> > The lower item holds the working branch, and its tooltip shows the other
> > available branches.
> > I also modified the GitRunner class, because the previous implementation
> > caused the app to not close.
> > Now I'm working on handling properly signals and slots, so we can have an
> > almost working timeline
> > within this week !
> > By the way, do we *really* need the sidebar ? Each item can be found in
> the
> > final release of plasmate
> > under the menubar, so I was wondering if we can replace it with something
> > more useful like a directory tree list ...
> > Let me know about this, and also your ideas; lets make PlasMate rocks =)
> >
> > Cheers !!
> >

> --
> ----
> Jason "moofang" Lim Yuen Hoe