ginormous performance issue

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 13:49:46 CEST 2009

On Thursday 16 July 2009, Marco Martin wrote:
> On Thursday 16 July 2009, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Thursday 16 July 2009, Marco Martin wrote:
> > > but a sick idea come to my mind: what about encoding the pointer value
> > > (or another random number, whatever) into the key? :p
> > > a key will have the form
> > > 7635865:path_300_200_blahblah
> >
> > how will this work between sessions? (new pointer values)
> > between objects with the same svg at the same size? (should share the
> > same cache values)
>
> tomorrow I'll try another approach: putting the delayed save in just Svg
> and use that from FrameSvg, to avoid the code duplication there was before

here it is
since i really didn't want to add new protected members i did this dirty thing
with accessing svg private in framesvg..
it seems quite a big change to backport tough :)
and still, in the case of an applet with many subwidgets, independent timers
can do really a big signal storm, so i still kinda like more the pointer
approach :p
--
Marco Martin