Plasmate status

Michael Rudolph michael.rudolph at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 14:43:45 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 14:09, Artur Souza
(MoRpHeUz)<morpheuz at openbossa.org> wrote:
> Hello :)
>
> On Monday 13 July 2009, 13:48 Diego Casella ([Po]lentino) wrote:
>> By the way, do we *really* need the sidebar ? Each item can be found in the
>> final release of plasmate
>> under the menubar, so I was wondering if we can replace it with something
>> more useful like a directory tree list ...
>
> Hmmm...remember that we are trying to do this for "non-core-developers"...what
> means that it can't look too much developer..it must be beautiful and
> attractive....I really don't know the impact of having menu entries for all the
> stuff that is in the sidebar. Maybe making the sidebar something smaller, at the
> top (like a toolbar)....let's hear aseigo's opinion about this :)
>
> Cheers,

Hello everyone,

are there already any screenshots available? Or is an early look
restricted only to those who are willing to compile plasmate?

I really enjoyed the specs that Aaron put up on techbase, but after
reading about the progress every now and then, I'm wondering if we are
on track to meet the goals set forth in said document.

I did some mockups, back when Aaron posted the specs and I'd like to
update them with what you guys have done so far. Perhaps I can even
come up with some ideas for the sidebar.

michael