Translations for Weather condition/forecast strings

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Wed Jul 8 00:57:21 CEST 2009

Am Mittwoch 08 Juli 2009 00:24:59 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> A Dimarts 07 Juliol 2009 22:43:30, Shawn Starr va escriure:
> > I want to discuss the request for translating these strings. Right now we
> > have around 600-650 strings for 3 weather providers
> >
> > An example of these is:
> > http://www.weather.gov/xml/current_obs/weather.php
> >
> > These strings are not in proper sentence form. They are in this case,
> > summary strings.  For example "Thunderstorm Light Rain Hail Fog"  in
> > English would be "Thunderstorm with light rain, hail and fog"
> >
> > What is the solution? For me, I merely just display these strings. I use
> > some of them to map to icocitizen in kde"ns.
>
> Hi, some comments from my side:
>
> Any reason you create "malformed" english messages instead correct ones?
>
> Can i know why you decided to change your mind after me complaining for
> ages?

cause i complained about a lot of untranslatable strings in plasma?
now it is somehow our (my?) fault, we (me?) want to have a fully translatable
kde?

cause none of our devels uses the language x-test?

about >=7 catalogs have to be renamed in branch and trunk to make plasma fully
translatable.

> Is this for 4.3 or trunk?

weather applets are untranslatable in trunk and branch 4.3

> Is this on kdebase or kdeplasma-addons?

weather engine in kdebase, used by weather applets in kdeplasma-addons

i18n = the second class citizen in kde

--
Burkhard Lück
P.S.