Another 4.2 applet inovation

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Thu Jan 29 23:17:11 CET 2009

On Thursday 29 January 2009 23:46:02 Chani wrote:
> On January 29, 2009 06:43:28 David Baron wrote:
> > So I used my own dialog in showConfigurationInterface and it worked fine.
> >
> > I also put the KKeySequenceWidget in this dialog and can successfully set
> > the globalShortcut using the funtions in the Applet class.
> >
> > One problem: The dialog will flash and die the first time, work nicely
> > the second time, flash and die the third time and so forth yielding a
> > slew of drawing object error messages. No matter if I call it from
> > another dialog or from the context menu. Every other time.
>
> why don't you just use createConfigurationInterface?

I could and then call the showConfig.... when I want to run the menu from the
UI.

I sort of do not like that huge, seperate area for just the key shortcut
(which I am now using but most applets do not and are simply stuck with it).
Right now I have one panel but will tab that into two, possibly a third for
future functions but not yet. I want the shortcut on the 1st pane with a few
other options. I use formlayouts. I also have my own save, reset, cancel
buttons with icons and seem to have no options or control over what is given
in the KConfigDialog. Also, my dialog is modeless (there is no necessary
config upon which to wait).

Regardless, the KKeySequence widget should work normally whether I created the
dialog or it is created elsewhere and I added some more objects.