Another 4.2 applet inovation

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Thu Jan 29 15:43:28 CET 2009

So I used my own dialog in showConfigurationInterface and it worked fine.

I also put the KKeySequenceWidget in this dialog and can successfully set the
globalShortcut using the funtions in the Applet class.

One problem: The dialog will flash and die the first time, work nicely the
second time, flash and die the third time and so forth yielding a slew of
drawing object error messages. No matter if I call it from another dialog or
from the context menu. Every other time.

Is there a bug in this widget? Is there something I should know if I use it?
Called from the KConfigDialog, it seems to be OK.

(This is not the only KDE widget that had problems. I was unable to use their
file name widget (the edit box with a button on the right to browse) and that
also works elsewhere.)