QGraphicsLayout, was Re: playground/base/plasma/applets/networkmanager/applet

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Jan 28 17:46:53 CET 2009

On Tuesday 27 January 2009 23:37:07 Alexis Ménard wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 8:26 PM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> > SVN commit 917381 by sebas:
> >
> > updateGeometry() works much better for layout size changes than
> > invalidating the layout.
>
> invalidate just clear the cache of sizes internally, so of course after
> that it will do nothing. Calling updateGeometry will compute all sizes
> again according to the content and update the size. But with 4.5 it should
> be less painfull to do that since a tons of bugs regarding that has been
> fixed (updating the parent size if the layout change, update parents
> layouts if one child grow/shrink,...). We can talk about that on tokamak,
> hopefully 4.5 RC will be out and KDE trunk will be switch. Some of lines
> can be removed i am confident.

Ah, thanks for the explanation.

I don't want to completely rely on Qt 4.5 though, since we'd like to release
the networkmanager applet also for distros that rely on Qt 4.4. From what I
can see though, I need to get the ExtenderItem to understand that its size has
changed, and pass that information up to ExtenderApplet?

--
sebas