addMatch/addMatches in RunnerContext

Ryan P. Bitanga ryan.bitanga at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 15:10:09 CET 2009

Hey everyone,

I was going over the KRunner related classes a couple of weeks ago and
forgot to ask this. Can anyone tell me why the argument "term" in
addMatches(const QString &term, const QList<QueryMatch> &matches) and
addMatch(const QString &term, const QueryMatch &match) isn't used?

IIRC, term was originally placed to ensure that matches were only
added if term was equal to the current search term of the context.
Now, as pointed out by Sebastian Trueg around November I think, this
isn't done. I know Aaron optimized RunnerContext a bit but I don't
quite understand this particular change. Am I missing something?

Cheers,
Ryan