Jolie and Plasma.... and Akonadi?

Fabrizio Montesi famontesi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 20:36:10 CET 2009

IMO the two projects could share a private library for interacting with
MetaService and use its operations. Something like:

MetaService* s = MetaService::connect( "/tmp/metaservice_socket" );
Job* j1 = s->addRedirection(...);
Job* j2 = s->loadEmbeddedJolieService(...);
[...]

For instance, by using addRedirection one could expose a local C++ service
with any of JOLIE's supported protocol (that's a plasma use-case). By using
loadEmbeddedJolieService one can make use of JOLIE adapters (as I described
in my last mail in the jolie+plasma api discussion thread).
Again, by using addRedirection one could also put in place "service access"
to an external service (web service, rest service or whatever), etc..