Making paths case insensitive in krunner

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jan 19 19:08:50 CET 2009

On Monday 19 January 2009, Diaa Sami wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 10:50 -0700, "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> > sure; if you can come to the list with some patches, i see no reason
> > (assuming the performance is still good =) they couldn't go in...
>
> You can find an initial version of the patch below, it looks like it works
> fast enough. Although rare, The behavior of the code in case of multiple
> matches needs to be determined.

it should probably favour case-correctness in that situation, and the
locations runner would probably need to be extended to offer possibly multiple
matches. perhaps this should even be added to SearchContext itself? hm...

> Tell me what you think...

the idea behind the code looks alright.

however, the code itself needs to be written following our coding style
guidelines:

	http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Kdelibs_Coding_Style

qDebug should be kDebug; QString whatever = "" should be whatever.isEmpty();
there's an assert Q_ASSERT(components.size() > 1) when it it is handled almost
alright by the very next line of code (which should probably be "if
(components.size() < 2), actually, to guard against the zero case); the
QString *s in the two helper functions should be QString &s; CorrectPathCase
should be correctPathCase (it's a function, not a method).

humru othro a kohnu se