Review Request: support brightness keys in the battery applet.

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Sun Jan 18 21:51:56 CET 2009

On Sunday 18 January 2009 13:10:11 you wrote:
> On Sunday 18 January 2009 19:38:19 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Sunday 18 January 2009, Artur Souza (MoRpHeUz) wrote:
> > > On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Michael Jansen
> > > <kde at michael-jansen.biz>

> > > Actually KActions would do the job, yes... =)
> >
> > given that Qt doesn't know about these keys, it probably wouldn't work so
> > well =)
>
> Anyone an idea how to fix that? I seem to remember about some other buttons
> not supported by qt (somewhere on b.k.o.).

modification to qnamespace to add values for the brightness keys to the Qt::Key
enum, additions of the brightness key defines from X11/XF86keysym.h to
qkeymapper_x11.cpp, finding the equivalent keys for Windows and Mac and adding
those in the appropriate spots, etc.

You make the patch, get it into Qt, and then I'll turn that brightness stuff
into KActions. Deal? :)

> The current implementation makes the keys only work on x11.

Cause that's all I care about. :)

--
Matt