Questions about GroupManager and the lib TaskManager

Matthieu Gallien matthieu_gallien at yahoo.fr
Sat Jan 17 13:13:10 CET 2009

Hello,
I really want to find time to contribute back to KDE because I really
appreciate all your work. So I am trying again to do some plasma related
contributions.
I hope to be able to find time to work on porting the tasks data engine to the
GroupManager and other new bits of TaskManager lib.
Is there anybody already working on that ?
Do you think it is a good idea to work on that ?

I have one concrete question about GroupManager. If I want to provide a
dataengine, I would like to let the visualization decide about what tasks to
show. How does this is related to this set of methods ?
    bool showOnlyCurrentScreen() const;
    void setShowOnlyCurrentScreen(bool);

    bool showOnlyCurrentDesktop() const;
    void setShowOnlyCurrentDesktop(bool);