Review Request: Add the ability for applets to change autohide timeout value

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 20:44:39 CET 2009

> > so what is the use case for hiding a tooltip where the data is changing?
<snip>
> So sometimes the autohide does not work. I was able to reproduce this like
> this: I hvae two instances of the systemloadviewer side by side.
> - hover over plasmoid1
> - hover over plasmoid2
> - now tooltip moves in an animation to plasmoid2. Now *during* this
> animation change the desktop (maybe now the plasmoid does not get a mouse
> leave event or such...). Now the tooltip will never go away, which is
> probably a bug :)

yes, that would be a bug. :)
so now the real question is, how can we fix the bug?  then hiding will work
when the mouse leaves and you won't need to add anything to the tooltip API,
right?

btw, I haven't been able to reproduce this with clock tooltips. but they don't
show seconds in hte tooltip any more... odd.

oh wow, that was interesting. I had a clock tooltip, and I switched desktops,
and the tooltip went away... but then a couple of seconds later the minute
changed and the content of hte tooltip came back with no border.
...ahaha. taking a screenshot of it brought the borders back. bizarre :)

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com