Welcome to 4.3.

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 21:45:53 CET 2009

On Wednesday 07 January 2009, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> we should just focus on that single user experience first. keeping it
> simple at each step will make it achievable.
>
> > a thing kinda coupled with that, since a media center would be a browse
> > stuff type of thing is itemviews (deadly useful also in other areas), now
>
> esp ++pretty ones. they don't need to be as full featured and "serious" as
> the ones in, say, kmail ... but they should be pretty and damn easy to use.

using a view is quite simple in the end (even if the view itself like the
folderview is.. woha:),  perhaps the more complex thing from the user side is
to make a delegate that shows in a meaningful way the varius info..
was thinkng about still let c++ applets to define their implementation, for
scripted ones like having some config file to define it (xml? hmm naah)
or simply give an api to Plasma::Delegate to configurethe shown fields?

Cheers,
Marco Martin