battery applet - charge time instead of charge percentage.

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Jan 8 15:11:44 CET 2009

On Thursday 08 January 2009 02:36:02 Marcos Dione wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 09:40:13PM +0100, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > - 100% might not be correct, my battery often is fully charged at 98%,
> > display the actual charge rate there
>
>     you mean, when the percentage is more than, say, 95%, show the
> percentage anyways?

No. Percentage and charge state are two unrelated things. The battery is not
full when a certain percentage is reached, but when Solid (HAL) says it's
fully charged. For some, worn out batteries that could even be 30%. So don't
rely on the percentage for determining this.

> > - showLabel() in configAccepted() should probably happen later, it can
> > change in the course of this funtion (unless I'm missing something)
>
>     if not, is has to way for the next data update to change the label.
> shoulkd I create a slot to react to configChanged() and connect them? I
> don't even know if that signal exist; all I see is configNeedsSaving().
>
> > Otherwise, please commit. And thanks :)
>
>     you're asking me to apply for a devel account? I don't have one
> yet...

Yes, if you're planning to stick around, that would be a good idea :)

http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute/Get_a_SVN_Account

sebas