More DataEngines questions

Luca Beltrame einar at heavensinferno.net
Sun Jan 4 11:21:17 CET 2009

On domenica 4 gennaio 2009 10:20:32 Chani wrote:

> perhaps what you want is a Service, not a Source. my memory of such

I'll turn the question to everyone in the list: is Service exposed through the
Python API? I can't check myself at the moment because with the new snapshots
from trunk I'm using I can't get kdebindings to compile.

I've had a look at the API docs and indeed Service would be what I need, from
the quick glance I had. As soon as I get PyKDE up and running again I'll make
some experiments.

> sources. depending on what you're doing that might not be the Right
> approach, though.

It would not work, as you hin, because the user can select one from
potentially 10,000-30,000 names.