Forcing the KRunnder combo box to be LTR in RTL desktops

Diego Iastrubni elcuco at kde.org
Sat Jan 3 22:05:50 CET 2009

Hi all,

I am attaching to this mail a patch which forces the combo box in the krunner
window to be LTR even on RTL desktops. The motivation is that this window is
mostly used for writing commands (english words).

In KDE3 the combo boxes would detect the direction from the content (the text
entered) but in KDE4 this does not happen, so the best hack we can do (until
we get this fixed in KDElibs) is hack it to be LTR - less problems IMHO.

The patch is relative to kdebase/workspace/krunner/interfaces/default

- diego

PS: the review board is funky and I could not publish my code in there, it
kept saying "There must be one reviewer before this review request can be
published". I could not even view the diff properly (I kept getting errors).
When I asked in the IRC channel Chany pointed my to

http://chani.ccdevnet.org/plasma/
http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2008/02/post-review-plasma.html

But still, I am unsure what else is needed (python?) and the configuration is
not clear. I am so sorry I cannot use this, but my dedicated time to KDE this
week is over....