sorry... too hard

Loïc Marteau loic.marteau at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 22:07:49 CET 2009

2009/1/2 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
> On Tuesday 30 December 2008, Loïc Marteau wrote:
>> Why not make some virtual packages in some tiers repos for some distro
>> (suse, fedora, kubuntu etc), who depends on all the dev-libraries
>> packages a dev will eventually need to build all the kde trunk ?
>>
>> With this virtual package could come some script than we can have on
>> techbase to automatically and easily build trunk module :
>>  - custom kdebashrc file to include in your bashrc with cmakekde
>> tools, svn co tools etc.
>
> who are you proposing creates and maintains this package for all popular
> distros?

This is the good question Aaron.

It is depending of who can be interested by such work, have the
abilities to do it, how time this kind of work could take and if this
time could in final save more time for all the community, for example
by helping her to grow.

I dont have the answer i'm just asking me if this could be an
interesting idea to investigate and if we think with good arguments
that this can work (im not sure of this) we finally can to try to
promote it.

Cheers

Lo