Plasma themed tabbox

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 21:04:01 CET 2009

On Thursday 26 February 2009, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> > The Plasma theme provides two sorts of graphics, one for composited (with
> > smooth edges and translucent shadow) and one for non-composited, which
> > are a bit more pixelised. The dialog in your screenshot looks like it's
> > using the plasma theme's graphics for compositing enabled while the
> > window doesn't have translucency available (konsole apparently has) and
> > thus paints those areas white -- that's the shadow on the white border
> > then.
>
> Don't know but I think there are no different svgs for opaque and
> translucent widget background. I think the problem is that kwin does not
> have argb visuals. I tried Marco's idea as well and with that the tabbox
> border is black, just like Kickoff without compositing (with Air theme it
> looks really good).  Btw I don't think it's a real problem that tabbox does
> not use ARGB as it's quite likely that users will only use the classic
> tabbox when compositing is disabled.
ah, with composite disabled, right.
are you using FrameSvg or a qsvgrenderer? with framesvg the opaque version
should be automatically picked when compositing is disabled, but test it with
oxygen for now, because air is still not complete and doesn't have the opaque
version of themes, also only things that end up as top level windows have an
opaque version, so in this case should be used "dialogs/background" (used in
things like kickoff) instead of "widgets/background" (used in applets)

Cheers,
Marco Martin