theme idea

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 22:07:34 CET 2009

On Tuesday 24 February 2009, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> (replying as a user)
>
> I would say yes. I would like to see plasma using more "native" themes. It
> feels "not kde-ish" to me.
>
> (replying as a developer)
> Above all - think about the how hard and buggy this implementation would
> get. Can  you have it stable by KDE 4.4? KDE 4.3 have it as a fall back,
> for "testing only" with an hidden
> command-line/environment-variable/configuration-option for testers.
> Specially if this would (even in theory) make plasma-desktop unstable.
nah, doesn't make it unstable, would be a very very little patch, it would be
incomplete however since not all plasma widgets are proxywidets (no taskbar,
no pager, no default applets background) it could be used qstyle to draw
directly but that yeah that would be a bit overkill indeed, it would
eventually come in the future perhaps
don't think that will ever look good, but...