tasks applet: group popup

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Feb 24 00:24:50 CET 2009

On Monday 23 February 2009, Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I already started with the popup and it seems to work quite nicely, but i
> would like to have your comments on how i intend to go on.

just for my own clarity, which popup are you referring to exactly?

> For displaying i think it would be nice if the popup would overlay the
> groupItem, so it looks like the group expands vertically and shows its
> tasks instead of having the separate popup as currently. Of course this
> would make it impossible to click again on the groupitem to close the
> popup,

could the "base" entry be the group's title, with all the windows above that?
then you could click on that bottom (or top, depending on screen location :)
entry and close it again?

> but i think it would be much more dynamic to close it when the mouse
> leaves the area anyway.

this is likely to be unpopular amongst users with poor mouse control and/or
trackpads.

> btw. i think it would be reasonable to rename the LayoutWidget to something
> like GroupLayout or so. because the current name emerged when the
> LayoutWidget was a actual widget and not only a layout.

+1

humru othro a kohnu se