configAccepted()

Toussis Manolis manolis at koppermind.homelinux.org
Mon Feb 23 21:01:06 CET 2009

I re-implementing in my applet the configAccepted() to store the settings...

The thing is that I came across a strange issue.
I run the applet if I invoke the config interface, and press ok...
configAccepted is called once. Then I close the applet , and configAccepted is
called once more. All the options are saved fine.

If I run the applet and don't invoke the config interface, and the close the
applet. configAccepted() is called only on applet close, and all the settings
are reset, and are not saved with the current settings.

Any help?

Here is the code:

void PlasmaTvGr::configAccepted()
{
  kDebug()<<"run";
  if(m_dialog)
  {
  switch(ui.loopBox->currentIndex()){
  case 0:
    m_loop=0;break;
  case 1:
    m_loop=15;break;
  case 2:
    m_loop=30;break;
  case 3:
    m_loop=60;break;
  case 4:
    m_loop=600;break;
  case 5:
    m_loop=1800;break;
  default:
    m_loop=0;
  };
  m_fontSize=ui.fontBox->currentText().toInt();
  };
  m_chanList="";
  QListWidgetItem* item;
  int w1,w2;
  int shownOne=0;
  for(w1=0;w1<ui.list1->count();w1++)
  {
    item=ui.list1->item(w1);
    w2=item->isSelected();
    if(w2==1) shownOne=1;
    m_chanList.append(QString::number(w2)+",");
  };
  m_chanList.chop(1);
  if(shownOne==0) m_chanList[0]='1';
  KConfigGroup cg = config();
  cg.writeEntry("LoopSeconds", m_loop);
  cg.writeEntry("SelectedChannel", m_channelID);
  cg.writeEntry("FontSize",m_fontSize);
  cg.writeEntry("ChannelList",m_chanList);
  m_channel=chan[m_channelID];
  if(m_loop!=0) m_loopTimer->start(m_loop*1000); else m_loopTimer->stop();
  calculateSizes();
  //updateGeometry();
  m_pixmapUpdate=1;
  update();