Calling development teams

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 19:22:19 CET 2009

> Important note: since our forum can generate RSS and Atom feeds for each
> forum [2], send new threads to IRC channels [3], and even send
> notifications of new posts to a Jabber account [4], moderating a forum
> would, for the larger part, mean keeping an eye on your preferred
> communication medium.

wow, that's pretty cool. :)
having rss feeds makes it possible to read offline (assuming these feeds contain
full text for all posts on all threads... err... but I don't see a way to make
threading work then...)
however, mailing lists still win for ease of replying.

forums and mailing lists are quite similar in many ways... I think in general,
forums are best for users and mailing lists are best for developers. as for
irc, that's realtime communication, a different matter altogether. :)

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com