discrepancy in python bindings for plasma

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Feb 20 21:23:48 CET 2009

On Friday 20 February 2009, Richard Dale wrote:
> Yes, but how does that differ from just adding
> createConfigurationInterface() to the scripting api in addition to
> showConfigurationInterace()?

because that would only work nicely for the Python and Ruby script engines.
for everything else, there'd be more code still required. saving a couple
lines in the Python/Ruby engines by making AppletScriptEngine more specific to
their design patterns doesn't really fit with the idea that the engine parent
class is trying quite purposefully to not dictate or prescribe API.

the Python and Ruby engines take the "we are binding libplasma, KDE and Qt"
approach, which is just fine and completely appropriate.

that is not, however, the goal of AppletScriptEngine.

ergo ...

humru othro a kohnu se