SoConcepts

Fabrizio Montesi famontesi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 17:56:16 CET 2009

Forgot to mention:

We've got plans (and all the necessary dependencies and some helper code in
svn already) to make a WSDL importer for Jolie (which can also be used
dynamically, hence obtaining a "Generic WSDL-declared service").
We already have a working prototype of the opposite (automatic generation of
a WSDL file from a Jolie program), but it needs to be code-restyled a little
before entering Jolie's trunk.

So a good option would be to work directly on the Jolie<->WSDL integration,
if there's someone willing to code in Java. If such an opportunity arises I
offer myself as mentor because I'll need to mentor someone either way, under
one scope (GSOC) or another (University/Work/whatever).

2009/2/20 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>

> On Friday 20 February 2009, Fabrizio Montesi wrote:
> > Yo everyone.
> > In the GSoC ideas page there's this entry related to Plasma: "Project:
> > Generic SOAP Dataengine". That projects overlaps with the work currently
> > being done with the integration of Jolie. Does anyone know anything about
> > that entry (it's been put anonymously)?
>
> hm, that should probably be "Generic SOAP Service". a dataengine doesn't
> really make sense for that use case.

Definitely. ;)